Where: Passenger Head Office – New Milton (New Forest)
When: Full time, Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Answering to: Lead designer and product developer (Apparel)
Salary: Trial period internship with expenses paid. Opportunity to move into a full time paid role.
Passenger are a fast growing lifestyle brand based on the south coast. We are a young, dynamic and enthusiastic team disrupting the marketplace with sustainable adventure ready products inspired by travel, music & salt water.
Waves & Trees are at the heart of Passenger. These are the places we play, the place we roam and the places that inspire everything we do. We’re rooted in the natural spaces, at home in the New Forest we’re surrounded by the ocean and forests, a constant source of escapism.
We provide people with products that are crafted to withstand a life of meaningful escapism while leaving the smallest of footprints. For every order we plant a tree, to date we’ve put over 30,000 roots in the ground all over the globe.
We are looking for an enthusiastic assistant product designer to join our close-knit team and work alongside the lead designer. Your main role will be to bring new sustainable products to market in line with our brand ethos. Reporting directly to Katie, our lead designer, you will assist with a range of tasks throughout the product lifecycle and carry out essential research and development.
• Experience with Adobe Illustrator.
• An understanding of Passenger and our philosophy.
• An understanding and interest in fabrics & materials.
• An ability to think fast and use own initiative.
• An ability to multitask and work to deadlines.
• Some experience with spreadsheets and documents.
• An understanding of our market space and target customer.
• Some CAD work including producing design packs, manipulating artworks, graphics and prints.
• Seek out current, upcoming and competitor trends relevant to Passenger.
• Assist with model styling and creative input on photo & video shoots.
• Have fun creating stylish on-point mood boards and colour stories for our range plans.
• Produce design briefs / packs for the direct supply base and to achieve high quality first samples within our critical path timing.
• Measure and inspect product fits.
• Provide advice and feedback on initial samples, ensuring manufactured products match our design specifications.
• Take ownership of product specs and communicate these with our best-in-class marketing team.
• Have your voice heard, giving valued feedback and making suggestions for product designs, understanding the implications on our critical path.
• Attend fit sessions to ensure the design signature is accurately interpreted through the development stage and that the products remain on brand.
• Attend and be a part of selection and range sign-off meetings. Gain a balanced creative and commercial understanding of why and how our range satisfies customer needs.
• Deputise for the lead designer when necessary.
• Develop an industry edge through visits to stores, competitors, shows and suppliers.
• Ability to communicate with third parties and senior management.
• Sweet research skills.
• Ability to organise, multi task and prioritise workload.
• Attention to detail.
• A solid foundation in stoke.
To apply email your CV & covering letter to Katie@passenger-clothing.com with the subject line 'Design Assistant'
Sign up and get 15% off your first order and for a chance to win a £250 gift card every month. Your weekly slice of Escapism delivered to your inbox.